Micro Spherical Focused Logging
The Micro Spherical Focused Logging (MSFL) uses a pad mounted electrode system to measure flushed zone resistivity (Rxo). The Rxo measurement is used in calculating flushed zone water saturation (Sxo). When combined with deeper reading resistivity measurements it is an excellent indicator of movable hydrocarbons and true formation resistivity (Rt). MSFL tool has very-fine vertical resolution and is excellent for delineating thin beds.
- Measure flushed zone resistivity
- Calculate flushed zone water saturation
- Indicate movable hydrocarbons
- Estimate invasion diameter
- Correct deeper-reading resistivity devices for invasion effects
- Delineate thin beds